Tonight I ran uphill in the snow both ways.
And I liked it.
To be fair, the hill wasn't as steep as the one we were supposed to run -- we were supposed to do repeats on the North Hill. But because it's been snowing all day and the path wasn't plowed, we just ran quarter-mile repeats along the west side of the Prospect Park loop, where there are small rolling hills. They didn't seem so bad at first but the last couple were hard for me, with the packed snow and occasionally slick conditions adding an extra challenge. But! I was feeling really STRONG all night. I am not much of a sprinter -- I vastly prefer a long, slower run to short fast distances. Yet tonight I was really one with my sprints. I know that sounds cheesy but it was a huge breakthrough for me.
And it was nice to have that breakthrough on a pretty snowy night. The park looked sort of otherworldly. I never thought I'd be someone who not only exercised outdoors in the snow but liked it. Yet somehow, here I am.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment