
I ran 16 miles Saturday, and it felt good. Way better than the Bronx Half.
As you may have guessed from the photo above, TNT BK hit Coney Island this weekend. I love this run. I know people think Ocean Parkway is boring, watching the alphabetic avenues tick by slowly, but it's one of my favorite runs in the city. I love the anticipation building as you get closer to the beach, the first whiff of salt air when you pass under the Belt Parkway, reaching the boardwalk and seeing the Cyclone and the Wonder Wheel and the parachute drop. I love it all. If the Cyclone were open in February, I'd have taken a break from the run and gone for a dizzy spin.
At any rate, we started from our training captain Robyn's apartment and ran down Ocean Parkway, about 5.5 miles, until we hit the boardwalk. Did another 5 or so on the boardwalk itself, then ran back to Robyn's. Kelly and I did most of the run together, occasionally accompanied by other friends.
I was feeling awesome until the last mile, and I think that only the thought of bagels and coffee was causing the slowdown. I finished strong and, despite some achy feet really do feel now like the marathon will happen.

No comments:
Post a Comment