Saturday, July 25, 2009

NYC 2010 Qualifying Race #8: The Race for Central Park (4M), July 18, 2009



This race was not a race for me at all - more of a prelude to a fine breakfast of French toast - but I enjoyed it.



The course went counterclockwise from E. 68th Street up to the 102nd St. transverse, then down to the 72nd St. transverse - a hilly, but pleasant-enough route, with the biggest hill coming in the first mile. I finished in a cool 40 minutes flat, a solid conversational pace. It was hot and humid and I'd been having some health issues so I didn't feel like pushing it.

I also got a really nice dri-fit t-shirt for doing the Race for Central Park. Not enough of those in the world. It made up for the fugly tank top I received at the Dash (no Splash) 10K last month.

Coming up in September: race #9, the final race in my odyssey to NYC 2010. And I'll be running...a mile. Yup, I signed up for the Fifth Avenue Mile. It even starts at 10 a.m. for optimal sleeping in beforehand. I have to find a more decadent breakfast than French toast for that one.

2 comments:

Lady Southpaw said...

Mmmmm, I love French Toast!

Great job Lela! Are you going to start signing up for races for the fun of it now?

We should do a group run/brunch again sometime. I miss those.

Lela said...

I would love to go for a run/brunch! Let's do it.

I do love racing - so yes, I'll probably do some for fun over the fall/winter.