
PR!!!
I ran the Dash in 57:08. So very excited. A nice birthday gift to myself!
That said, this race was hard for me. My last two, the Healthy Kidney 10K and the Brooklyn Half, felt great. Today was humid and I've been fighting the end of a cold for weeks, and it was driving me nuts for the last two miles of this.
The course was largely uphill, which I knew it would be, but ouch. I could really have used the lost-but-not-forgotten Splash part of this race afterwards, too - so very sweaty.
But I set out with a goal of finishing a 10K in under an hour, and I did it. So I can't be too disappointed, although I think a new goal for the summer will be to improve my speed as well as my strength as a runner. Every time I try to run fast, I have zero stamina and it's frustrating. Good for marathons, but I'm not generally running marathons.

1 comment:
That is a great 10K time!!!
Nice to meet you!!!
http://runningdowndreams.wordpress.com/
Post a Comment