Saturday, March 14, 2009

TNT Practice, March 14, 2009



That's hot, right?

I'm injured. IT band syndrome. Lots of knee pain. This was my first attempt at running in a few weeks (I'm choosing not to count last week, when I ran halfway up the Manhattan Bridge before feeling like I'd been shot through the knee, then limped back home).

Today I attempted more of a run-walk thing, since TNT BK was doing a cutback week in Prospect Park. The downhills hurt more than the uphills, and I chose to walk anything remotely hilly. I did run a few flat stretches and was feeling pretty great for a while there. Mostly it was just nice to get some exercise.

I went to physical therapy this week, where I discovered that my IT band syndrome is related largely to...tight glutes. Yes, that's right, I'm literally a tight-ass. My hamstrings are also super tight. So I'm on a grueling regimen of stretching and foam-rolling, plus icing and Aleve to reduce the inflammation. I am refusing to let myself think I won't be on that course in Nashville, because I WILL, dammit.

But in the meantime, my IT band can totally suck it.

1 comment:

JDawg said...

Ugh ugh!! I am so sorry that you've been in pain! I hope rest, ice, and stretching fix you right up. I'm sending positive thoughts your way.