Saturday, March 21, 2009

TNT BK Practice, March 21, 2009

I have, temporarily at least (but hopefully permanently) triumphed over my IT band.

I ran 16 miles today, from Prospect Park to Coney Island, along the boardwalk and back to my apartment. It felt GREAT, even the part on the way back along Ocean Parkway where you start wondering if 26 letters of the alphabet were really necessary, and envying the Italians because they don't have Y, W or J in regular usage.

My knee didn't give me any problems, nothing twinged or pinged or popped. I felt strong. I'm relieved that all the stretching and icing and rolling and Aleve has actually done me some good, and even more relieved that I stuck to the plan even though nothing feels sillier than rolling out your leg on a giant piece of styrofoam every morning while watching the Rail & Road Report on NY1.

Victory over the IT is mine! (In other news, I am not a crook.)

No comments: